History of the baptismal font
In this font, which had to be removed from St Oswald's Church because of reconstruction work in 1965, Joseph Ratzinger was baptized on the 16th of April 1927. As the bowl no longer matched the style of the redesigned church, it was placed in the garden of the rectory. In 1991 the then pastor, Alois Jordan, placed the font at the disposal of the Heimatbund (Homeland Union).
Since Easter Sunday 2006 the baptismal font is once again being used for its original purpose, as the baptismal font at St. Oswald's Church.
Presented by Pope Benedict XVI. and to be seen in the Local History Museum as new exhibition pieces are a golden chalice, used by himself in his private chapel, together with a golden tablet and a zucchetto (apical cap).
Pilgimages as per Pope Benedict XVI.
Information to the guided tours is to be found here.